Girls Interested in Science & Technology

Guest GIST

Guest GIST

Hi,

On May 7, 2005, 8:30 am -2:00 pm at the Patuxent Research Center in Laurel, the Prince Georges Womens Commission will host our 1st annual Girls Interested in Science & Technology Fair. We are looking for someone who could come out and speak to high school age girls (for about 45 minutes & take questions 15 minutes) on marine science related subjects, for example discussion of various species of fish, how conservation relates to marine studies, careers in the area, setting up an aquarium or some combination of these topics.

I saw the speakers program, but none of them are near. We'd like to have a woman, but of course would be happy to just have an aquarist with enthusiasm and knowledge.

Please email me with any suggestions.

Thank you,

Jacqui mrsjacmc@hotmail.com

e-mail sent with a couple suggestions.

Hi,

On May 7, 2005, 8:30 am -2:00 pm at the Patuxent Research Center in Laurel, the Prince Georges Womens Commission will host our 1st annual Girls Interested in Science & Technology Fair.  We are looking for someone who could come out and speak to high school age girls (for about 45 minutes & take questions 15 minutes) on marine science related subjects, for example discussion of various species of fish, how conservation relates to marine studies, careers in the area, setting up an aquarium or some combination of these topics.

I saw the speakers program, but none of them are near.  We'd like to have a woman, but of course would be happy to just have an aquarist with enthusiasm and knowledge.

Please email me with any suggestions.

Thank you,

Jacqui mrsjacmc@hotmail.com

28990[/snapback]