Little Teaser

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4

First I will start with the update. I got a Midas Blenny, Sixline Wrasse, two Green Clown Gobies, and a Red Linckia Starfish today! :D All of them are doing spectacular but my Midas Blenny is bullying my Firefish. The two Firefish made a nice little den underneath my Brain coral and have been residing there for several weeks. When I introduced the Blenny he immediately bolted for the Brain and he now lives there and my Firefish are searching for a new home! :P As for the "promise," that is I will post pics as soon as everyone comes out of hiding.

Now for the questions. I recently replaced my RO filters and added a DI resin. However before I managed this my old filters let some nutrients through and now I have a good bit of Hair Algae in my tank. I plan to do a 20+ gallon water change in the next week and hope to get my water quality back to normal. My question is what do I do about the algae in the tank? Should I just pull it off and throw it away or do I need to go for a serious treatment? Also, I have a large amount of Halimeda macro in my display and am pruning weekly. Is there anyway to permanently remove it? My tangs and Foxface won't touch it. Thanks for the help!

Mike

Mike sounds like you could run a little phos remover(rowa phos) and it would go away in time- Purigen is for Nitrates/nitrogen compounds. Also cut back on feeding your tangs if they are that picky- Mine graze all day long. :D

Guest clownfish4

Lee, my tangs graze all day long too, they just won't touch halimeda. If I put calupera or other stringy stuff in the will devoure it, but I guess the halimeda isn't as tasty or to hard or something.

Mike,

when I had a cyano problem I just took my fishnet and drug it along the top layer of the sand to get rid of it. anything on the glass I just scraped and let it go down into my fuge. Once I got the tank out of the sunlight I had no more problems.

Steve

Where did you buy these fish?

I would be careful if the firefish are feeling without a home - I hope you've got a cover cause those fish are chronic carpet surfers.

Stop feeding the tank for 2 weeks. The foxface WILL eat the halimeda and the hair algae. Mine does all the time, you need to motivate your foxface. :whip: