Tank cycled very fast! Good?

Guest jcwordslinger

Guest jcwordslinger

My new 50g has been up and running for 11 days (50lbs of live rock added 11 days ago). I have been testing the water every couple of days and I did observe the expected spike, but the ammonia and nitrite levels have been steadily decreasing. Last night a water test showed zero for both. I was expecting the cycle to take a month or two. Isn't this a bit fast? The live rock was cured when I bought it. Perhaps that could have something to do with it. I will keep testing the water every few days just to be certain of the results (I'm in no hurry, but I'm nervous because, like they say, only bad things happen fast).

JC

:unsure:

if the rock was cured, you probably only saw a small spike. good sign. Wait a week then OK to start adding clean up crew. I would wait a month or 2 more though before adding fish. Give the fauna a chance to get good and established.

Guest what up

JC,

That good to hear, but eventhough the water in the cycle process, you need to take your time be patient wait couples week to add cleaning crews and fishes, in the mean time if you can get some water or live sand from someone which have well establish tank that would help with you cycle process good luck!

what up!

JC you know where I live- It is a great time to add live sand- give me a call or drop by for a couple of cups.

Regards,

Lee