Cheap Substrate

sde219

Well, I see the light at the end of the tunnel....my jawfish/carib biotype tank is just about ready to be setup. I picked up some yardright for the tank the other day but I know that I need some larger substrates too. Does anyone know of a good source for crushed coral? I'm not positive but I'm petty sure that borrowing fish will require a substrate that doesn't just collapse on itself. Also if anyone has some live rock rubble - very small stuff - I'm looking to get some if it also.

Steve

Guest reverai
Well, I see the light at the end of the tunnel....my jawfish/carib biotype tank is just about ready to be setup. I picked up some yardright for the tank the other day but I know that I need some larger substrates too. Does anyone know of a good source for crushed coral?  I'm not positive but I'm petty sure that borrowing fish will require a substrate that doesn't just collapse on itself. Also if anyone has some live rock rubble - very small stuff - I'm looking to get some if it also.

Steve

27322[/snapback]

The company that does yardright also selling the same kind sand but's a different size. I saw it on their web site. I bet you could order from any place that sells the small sized yardright for the same price.

Steve

Steve,

I'm getting a new tank at the end of the month and will have plenty of live sand. My 55g that I'll be selling has about 100# of the aragonite crushed coral in it as well.

Steve

Man we have a lot of Steves here!

its a triple threat!!

27396[/snapback]

It's more than a triple threat cause I think there are at least three other fairly active "Steve"s in this group. Thus I'm gonna start going by my last name - thus I will go by Elliott to avoid confusion or I could be "The reefer formally known as Steve"

I don't know if there are more "Steve"s than other names but I bet we take the cake for the most combined posts for a single first name.

Outlaw:

Let me know if you need some help with your tank move, I'm actually supposed to be in the greater DC area for that weekend and I wouldn't mind lending a hand and seeing your new tank. Of course some different grain sizes of sand will be a huge plus also.

Elliott

dont forget the pres. steve howard.

if ya still want a frag of that yellow nonphotosynthetic gorgonian for your biotope let me know. i think i talked to you about it at howardofnova's house