Ever hear of a "Wiseman"

A long long time ago, about at the dawn of the WWW, we used to use mailing lists for communication amongst reefers.  One of the popular ones at that time was called reefkeepers.  Anyways, one day, our good friend James wasn't paying attention to whom he was sending an e-mail to and sent a very personal message to his girlfriend at that time to the whole mailing list.  It was all kissy kissy lovey dovey type stuff.  Needless to say, James was very embarassed.  From that point forward, this act (namely not paying attention to where you are sending an e-mail) has forever been known within the reefkeeping community as "Doing a Wiseman".  For me, it was rather funny- as I know James personally.  Others, however, find it a little annoying.

Why do I bring this up?  As of today, I suspect the officers of this organization have received over 100 'Wisemans'.  This typically happens when you receive a PM notification (which contains the PM in it, so looks like an e-mail), and you hit reply- instead of going to the boards and and using the PM system, or knowing the senders e-mail address.  Myself, though well protected behind a firewall, have not received any junk mail or spam as a result of having my e-mail address available for you to use.  If you feel uncomfortable with this, please include your e-mail address when you PM other members if you wish for them to get back to you.  So far, I have been responding to all of these "Wisemans" but it is getting a bit tiring.  A little attention to the sender in your e-mails would be greatly appreciated by the officers (by default, it comes to all of us).  Thanks for you cooperation.

The management :)