PIstol & Goby

Na-H2O

I bought a Tiger pistol shrimp and a hi fin red goby the other day and was just wondering what's everyone's experience.

How long they take to find each other after introducing them into the tank?

Is the pistol supposed to dig up the whole tank?

Anything would be great.

For example I found the goby in one of my chambers of my sump and while I was trying to save him the little sucker bit me!!

I'm pretty sure it varys frpm case to case. I bought a shrimp and goby separate and they took around 2 months to find eachother in a 6 gallon.

i bought a pistol and a yasha goby long ago, the yash went tile surfing so after that i bought a yellow watchman, that one disapeared and well after 6 months or so my pistol is now good friends with one of my catalina gobys which to me is unheard of. sometimes they pair up quick, other times its takes some manipulating or just waiting.

I have or had one. I just pulled out my 9th mantis shrimp yes 9. I bought Florida rock and saw one in the bottome of the box when I got it(Mantis Shrimp) and thought that was all then I pulled out 8 more. So I use to hear a lot of clicking but since pulling out the 9th mantis shrimp I dont hear anything. I have a diamond goby in there but he never appears with the pistol. So I dont now if the pistol is still in there or not. Maybe Mantis and Pistol duked it out?

I introduced a pistol shrimp to my goby. It took the shrimp probably fifteen minutes to find the goby.

The shrimp entered the home of the yellow watchman goby and what ensued resembled this..

do-not-want.jpg

Shortly after the pistol shrimp disappeared never to be seen again. I may try again.

mine have always managed to find each other within a week or so and never heard of them not getting along???

once they pair up they will stay in the same general area and rarely leave very far even during feeding...