Program to see exif data?

Jon Lazar

Is there a particular program that most people use to display a photo's exif data in an IE browser window as well as Windows XP? I don't want a separate photo viewing photo, but I'd like to be able to right click on great pics online and see what settings the photographer used. It would be great if I could do the same thing when looking through folders of pictures I've taken, so I can figure out what's working and what isn't.

Jon

Is there a particular program that most people use to display a photo's exif data in an IE browser window as well as Windows XP? I don't want a separate photo viewing photo, but I'd like to be able to right click on great pics online and see what settings the photographer used. It would be great if I could do the same thing when looking through folders of pictures I've taken, so I can figure out what's working and what isn't.

Jon

I use infranview, it is a free download- Be sure to download the additional add-in that is required to view the data. To view data go to open image->go to view->information->and there is an exif button in the pop up box. Pretty neat stuff, I wanted to verify the use of a camera I bought off of craigs list (Nikon d3000). I had the seller send me pictures he took with the camera and a pick he took that day. I used the program to verify what he told me about the camera.

You may still be a bit disappointed after you get something to view exif data with, though. Most serious hobbyist and professional photographers use "save for web" functions for web photos as a means of saving space. It removes all the metadata, including exif information.

I've got PERL code to extract exif data... all the data you could ever want, but it's not exactly user-friendly, and you'd have to download the pictures and run the script.

Paul