keeping gobies, blennies, dartfish and dragonets together?

schulzjp

I am planning to get back into the hobby with a 30-40 gallon tank. Are there any issues keeping gobies, blennies, dartfish and dragonets together? I think most of them will fight others that look like themselves, so I do not want to encouter this (especially if i get a dragonet down the road once my tank if very well established and my fuge is a pod factory!).

Would I have fights occuring with this stocklist?

Firefish

Mandarin Dragonet

Watchman Goby

(I may not go with a blenny, becaues I'd like to consider a clam in the future and it sounds like most will pick at it)

I am planning to get back into the hobby with a 30-40 gallon tank. Are there any issues keeping gobies, blennies, dartfish and dragonets together? I think most of them will fight others that look like themselves, so I do not want to encouter this (especially if i get a dragonet down the road once my tank if very well established and my fuge is a pod factory!).

Would I have fights occuring with this stocklist?

Firefish

Mandarin Dragonet

Watchman Goby

(I may not go with a blenny, becaues I'd like to consider a clam in the future and it sounds like most will pick at it)

That stocklist should be fine. Each of those fish lives in a different part of the tank, so it can stake out its own territory. The watchman will be protective of its cave, the firefish will just swim freely in the water column and the mandarin will troll the rockwork for pods. Be sure to install a net or some other closed-top system because the firefish will jump.

I see no issues with keeping those fish together, but I do see a potential issue with keeping the mandarin fed. I have a series of tubs that house fish and found that a mandarin in a 50 gallon tub filled up with rock that was teeming with life was not enough to keep it well fed. This tub is hooked up to my whole system so it had a constant influx of pods from the refugium/frag system above it, yet this was not enough to keep it fed.