5/8" or 3/4" glass

lawnboy

Typically only 1/2" is used on a 30" deep tank. Can you give details? is it just a single pane? You might consider tempered for durability, price, and weight. Of course you can't drill it though.

Edit: I found the spreadsheet I used to calculate glass thickness for my tank. Hope this helps.

glass_thickness_calculations.xls

Edited by ctenophore

Typically only 1/2" is used on a 30" deep tank. Can you give details? is it just a single pane? You might consider tempered for durability, price, and weight. Of course you can't drill it though.

Edit: I found the spreadsheet I used to calculate glass thickness for my tank. Hope this helps.

I need to replace front glass on three hundred gallon tank, 8' X 30" Single pain, Is tempered glass cheaper?

My 9' long tank 27" tall has 3/4" non tempered low iron glass.

I need to replace front glass on three hundred gallon tank, 8' X 30" Single pain, Is tempered glass cheaper?

not typically. 1/2" tempered may be cheaper than 3/4" non-tempered though. Call delray glass, they can quote you a delivered price, this is not something you really want to try and move yourself IMO.

not typically. 1/2" tempered may be cheaper than 3/4" non-tempered though. Call delray glass, they can quote you a delivered price, this is not something you really want to try and move yourself IMO.

I called Del Ray glass, I can pick the glass up for $900.00