Tank heat and what to do with it??

jtro

Ok my basement is about 73.2 degrees and my upstairs is at 67.3 it stays a consistent 5 degrees difference.The question I have is what to do wit the heat I am thinking about exhausting outside in the summer but using it and the humidity in the winter any pros or cons? what have other done?If you have done something like this what did you use what types of ventilation fan, duct work etc....?

Thanks

Jim

If you have a central air system you could just put it in "manual" mode and let the air circulate through the house. You don't have to keep it in that mode all the time but just run it like that for about 30 minutes until the temps equal out and switch it back to "auto".

not sure if I want to put the moisture into the galvanized duct work was thinking about a separate set of duct to get it upstairs or outside.

I run the furnace fan 24x7 in the summer. I also have a dehumidifier in the basement. In the winter, the humidifier does not come on, and the humidifier in the furnace DOES come on. The aquariums help, but the winter dry is a mother.

Right now I am running about 130 gallons. I am about to add another 120 or so gallons, so we will see what happens.

I would not add more duct work before you try more furnace fan time. First things first. Moisture in the duct works should not be a problem. It has not been so for me.