T5 TekLight 4 bulb issue

T3D

Hello all,

I have been running my Sunlight Supply TekLight fixture for 1.5 years - half year outside of warranty. I have always kept the acrylics shield on my fixture to prevent water splash.

Fixture includes four bulbs - one switch controls the 2 outside bulbs, and the second switch controls the 2 inside bulbs.

the switch for the outside lights work fine, but when i try to switch on the inside lights, I see a flicker in one of the bulbs, then neither of the 2 bulbs come on. Almost seems like a short?

I'm hoping there is a easy fix, maybe wipe off end caps? Anyone have experience with this issue>?

Thanks

Could be a bad bulb or just a bad connection. Have you tried taking the two problem bulbs out and putting them back in? It could also be a bad endcap that is causing it.

thanks for the reply....

yes the bulbs work on the other circuit so maybe it is the end caps.

are they difficult to replace?

neither of the 2 bulbs works on the one circuit. One bulbs attempts to fires up but then dies out...the other bulb does nothing.

I had a similar problem with the Sunlight retro kit and had to replace one of the ballast. Good luck. Hope it is easily fixed for you. Bob