Help? Shrinking zoas

marvhopak

Hi guys-

New here. Long story short, my zoas are shrinking. I just got them

a couple of days ago and they looked great (thanks BBReef!)

My salinity was high (1.027-1.028), but has been fixed for a day or so. pH is 8.0 an I'm doing a waterchange now with RO and Reefsalt.

Should that fix it, or is something else going on? Thanks guys

shrinking in size but they are still opening up? or are the closed and shrinking?

A little of both, unfortunately- I did a 2 gallon water change last night (out of 24) and they look a bit better. Testing pH and

calcium and nitrates in a minute here. Yesterday, pre-water change, pH and calc were low, nitrates were 12.

shrinking in size but they are still opening up? or are the closed and shrinking?

A little of both, unfortunately- I did a 2 gallon water change last night (out of 24) and they look a bit better. Testing pH and

calcium and nitrates in a minute here. Yesterday, pre-water change, pH and calc were low, nitrates were 12.

+1 on the unreliability of zoa's...

once in a while I get some that just 'fade away'. Often after doubling or tripling in quantity. Never figured out why - but make sure it's getting plenty of light.

bob

Thanks for your help, guys - they're getting plenty of light, but I think my hermits may have been bugging them, picking at them and knocking the frag rock over (didn't want to glue them down until I'd light acclimated a bit. I pulled them up onto a frag rack and am feeding the clean-up crew as we speak.

pH is still at 8.0, despite the 2 gallons I changed last night, so I'll likely do another 2 gallon change tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for your help, guys - they're getting plenty of light, but I think my hermits may have been bugging them, picking at them and knocking the frag rock over (didn't want to glue them down until I'd light acclimated a bit. I pulled them up onto a frag rack and am feeding the clean-up crew as we speak.

pH is still at 8.0, despite the 2 gallons I changed last night, so I'll likely do another 2 gallon change tonight or tomorrow.

Zoas looked much happier this morning after 18 hours away from the hermits - that might be the problem, but this has given me a nice wakeup call about water params and testing more often. Thanks for your help.