What is the best/easiest way to frag Zoos?

JMsAquarium

It depends on what they are growing on and accessibility.  If they are on a rock you can remove, this is the easiest.  You need a strong pair of kitchen sheers.  Cut into the liverock (just into it enough that you are not cuttiing the zoanthids, but the corraline algae/rock interface).  I know it sounds difficult, but you will be suprised how easy the scissors can cut into the rock.  snip snip snip to get of a piece you like.  The you can trim down to individual polyps if desired.  Superglue or string to a new rock.  If they are growing on glass- cut them off with a razor blade like you do when cleaning corraline off.  Acrylic is a little more difficult, and I wouldn't use a razor blade.  If they are growing on a big rock, then you can try the above snipping method.  just make sure the sheers are clean before putting into tank.  We will be doing this at the workshop next month if you can wait until then.  If you can bring the rock, I will get you started.

Hi Mike,

That would be great. I'll talk to my buddy as the zoos are in his tank and see if he can bring it to the meeting.

I'll let you know.

JM

Guest tgallo
sorry, i hit the wrong number and deleted the voice mails, how are the new additions to the tank doing.

Guest tgallo
Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

here's a tip, sell the tank and get a hamster. gvl]]  [nana]

Yeah, right  [crzy] , Tell you what, I am such a good friend that I'll give you the hamster  :D

The new additions are doing their job. But I guess that I will have to increase their number though.

The derasa is doing great so far.