A.G.E. Issues & Affecting A WAMAS Vendor (F&F)

Black Mammoth

First off, I would like to say I posted this in the general discussion area for a couple reasons. Mods, if you feel that this should be in the Vendor Experience forum, please feel free to move it. I posted it here because this company might be negatively affecting a WAMAS vendor, Fins & Feathers. I'm posting this to help clear up this vendor's reputation and to help others out with A.G.E.

As some of you may know, I ordered a large tank from A.G.E. I asked Sean at Fins & Feathers if he could get an A.G.E. tank. I wanted to go with someone local. Things were going great and communication from A.G.E. was going well at first. I ran in to a problem and asked if the stand could be modified. Sean tried contacting Tom at A.G.E. and he has done a lot trying to get a hold of someone there. He has tried for the past 2.5 weeks to get a hold of him. Tom promised Sean some pictures about 3 weeks ago. I called Sean last week asking him what was going on and I could tell he was a bit frustrated with the lack of communication from A.G.E. Sean mentioned that people were asking him for quotes, but some where getting frustrated because Sean couldn't get back to them with a quote. This isn't Fins & Feathers fault. The problem is with A.G.E.

I went with A.G.E. because of their outstanding builds and customer service. I was really impressed that I got a quote back the next day from Sean. It seems that after I placed my order, things have picked up with A.G.E. What prompted this post was a private message I got on Reef Central and a thread that I found. Someone on RC found my build thread and asked me how my tank was going. He mentioned he has had some communication issues with Tom at A.G.E. He said this was his second tank from A.G.E. and his first one went great and the quality was great. He just wasn't getting any communication going on his second tank which should have been completed by now. Then I found a thread where someone was having problems getting quotes and they thought it was the vendor. As pointed out in the thread, A.G.E. is the problem and not the vendor. This reminded me how people were getting frustrated with Sean at F&F about getting quotes. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasn't F&F and it is A.G.E.

I'm not here to bash A.G.E. For all I know, my tank could be done. My understanding that their quality is awesome and normally things aren't this bad with them. It is also my understanding is that they got a few big cylinders that they are working on which is causing the problem. I posted this because I didn't want people to think it was F&F when A.G.E. is the problem. I also wanted to help out the people that are trying to get an A.G.E. tank and let them know what is going on.

Below is the thread on RC talking about the recent delays/issues with A.G.E.

A.G.E. Experience Thread

I hope that this clears up any confusion or problems with A.G.E. So far I'm not regretting going with A.G.E. I'm sure that my tank will turn out great. I'm not in a big rush either, but I hope to have it soon :) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Like I said the intent isn't to bash A.G.E., but to help out F&F and other members on here.

I wanted to give everyone a heads up. Communication with A.G.E. has picked back up. I suspect that the thread on ReefCentral got some attention. I was contacted again by PM on RC that they finally got an email. It also appears that others in the thread are getting a response, at least with respect to quotes. I also got an email with some progress pictures. It looks like it is almost finished. I'll be posting some pictures in my build thread when I get a chance. So if you are looking for a quote, you might get a response in a decent amount of time now ;) I guess that the top notch guys aren't immune to some hiccups :)