Hemit Crab Opinions

Mich

I'm down to just two hermits in my tank. I have a burgundy hermit and an electric blue hermit that hitched in on some LR. It's gotten pretty big in the last year or so. Neither one of them bother my snails because I have so many empty snail shells from the murderous blue legs I used to have.

emerald crabs will wipe out algae and they are fun to watch. best clean up crew i have. they will pull up red slime algae too but i dont think they eat it.

Ok not to drag on so read the thread and most of what I would say is there....:blast: blue legs. I like emeralds :clap: . and I personally feel that because they have not been mentioned everyone should try a sally lightfoot! they are tanks and pick the rocks cleaner than any blue leg, clean up dead stuff. As far as a crab goes they are all "opportunistic omnivores" but I have only ever seen mine defend itself from pesky damsels, clowns, and tangs. My 2c!

I definately agree about the Emeralds. I threw a couple of them in too, along with some astrea and cerith snails.