New Refugium added to the tank.

Guest JFish

Guest JFish

I didn't know where to put this...in the DIY or gallery but since Im using pics and all th e pics are supposed to be in here I decided to do it here.

I just added a new 10 gallon refugium to my setup.  I had grim at the reef tank drill the tank for an overflow for me.  I have about 25 pounds of SD sand in it and some LR rubble from my old refugium.  I did this so that I could maintain the new one easier since it doesn't hang on the back of the tank and so I could get more flow through it because the CPR aquafuge at water almost stagnant.  I am temporarilly using an aquaclear 802 powerhead that I borrowed from work to run it but will eventually be using an eheim1262 hobby pump on a closed loop, T'd off with one of those SCWD return devices. I may also use this as a grow out tank for any fragging that I may do along the way...I have that new 2 by 55watt PC kit that I won and am going to use it to light the tank.

The overflow is plumbed through the wall to the tank.  I have already noticed a decline in cyano/film algae (whatever it is) just from taking off the CPR aquafuge...I think things were decaying in there because of lack of flow and lack of care.  

Here's some pics.

tankandrefugium.JPG

refugium.JPG

refugiumoverflow1.JPG

refugiumoverflow2.JPG

refugiumreturntotank.JPG