Lighting Emergency!!!

billm

Tonight my light's quit working I have Current T5 nova lights 2 bulbs worked 2 did not (Bulbs are new) but I switched them out anyway no luck. took the light's apart now none of them work. I want to buy new lights and want to stick with the T5 but I'm gonna go with 6 bulbs. 2 questions.

1. what brand should I go with or should I stick with Current?

2. I plan on rush delivery but how long can my corals go w/o light? I have mostly zoa's and mushrooms, a couple flower pods.

I have my light off for 3 days without any problem. If you're thinking of something like a week, that I'm not sure if they will survive that long.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, have a friend that will lend me light's till mine get here Thanks again.

Sounds like you have a blown ballast. If I am understanding, you currently have 2 bulbs working though, correct? If, then they'll be fine until you get a replacement.

I personally have the Tek T5 fixtures and love them.

Scott

Sounds like you have a blown ballast. If I am understanding, you currently have 2 bulbs working though, correct? If, then they'll be fine until you get a replacement.

I personally have the Tek T5 fixtures and love them.

Scott

No 2 were working now none of them do we switched out the bulbs but nothing.

No 2 were working now none of them do we switched out the bulbs but nothing.

Okay, still sounds like a blown ballast, but I wouldn't worry for 2-3 days. I sometimes leave mine off intentionally for that period.

Scott