Blue Pics

Vader

I'm not new to photography when it comes to 35mm, but I am new to digital. I have a small digital camera made by Kodak and when I take a pic of my tank, it comes out really blue, but when I'm in the room looking at the tank, there is just a hint of blue. Does anyone know why the camera is picking up so much blue?

I've tried every setting on the camera and with the software and still get the blue. Of course the softwhere that came with the camera is not very adjustable for tone.

Sounds like you need to re-set your white balance. This usually involves taking a picture of a white piece of paper and sets the baseline for white. All your colors will be based off of that for future pictures. Look through your manual on exactly how to do it on your camera. You'll need to play around a little to get it just right.

I use Photoshop or The gImp (free) to adust the white balance to 14K or whatever temp your bulbs are. If you have flourescents and are taking pics under just the actinics, 20K is probably where you want to go.