Sump Overflow

Vader

Well.....I really did it this time. Last night I left the RODI on manual and sometime this morning the sump over filled. I was on a job this morning at 5am and the wifey called screaming in a panic about water coming down through the kitchen ceiling. (Tank is upstairs) I had her check the sump and it was overflowing so I was able to instruct her on how to shut down the RODI and remove some water from the sump. Needless to say I was able to leave work and come home to clean up. I figure no more than 2 gallons drained onto the floor considering how slow the RODI functions. I poked a hole in the center of where the water had the worst damage and found no sitting water or insulation, but there are spots over a large area where water found the drywall seams and nails.

My wife has been wanting me to paint the ceiling for the last 2 years, looks like she's going to get it.

gallery_2631516_394_199210.jpg

gallery_2631516_394_22263.jpg

Good thing you have a brother in law in the restoration business.

:biggrin:

Funny hearing her.

"Mark, You're brother in law needs to speak to you":

LMAO

I'm still lol.

I've had something similar happen when we moved to our new house. Water pressure at old house = ~ 25 psi and new house = ~ 50 psi. Fell asleep and walla; soggy drywall, warped paneling, and upset wife :(

Good thing you have a brother in law in the restoration business.

:biggrin:

Funny hearing her.

"Mark, You're brother in law needs to speak to you":

LMAO

I'm still lol.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.......I'm not looking forward to painting that ceiling.

I'll help you do that too when I fix the hole, and seams.

Merry Christmas

BTW, we'll have it done complete in three hours.

Beer is on you.

PS, No changing the color allowed.

PPS, Get the auto top off installed!

:lol2:

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Man, I've been there before, more times and in worse ways than I want to convey. I got a PTSD panic attack just reading your post.

Wait til it is FULLY dried before doing anything. That could take weeks while the brown spots form. Don't fix it too soon.

Then use generous layers of Kilz.

Good luck, bro.