Changing R.O. membrane

MOT

I made about 100 gallons with my RO unit then I didn't use it for about 4 Months. The manual recommends that if you don't use it for more than 30 days, you should take out the membrane and store it in a refrigerator inside a ziplock bag with some water in it. Is this necessary? Should I buy a new membrane? Thanks again guys, Tom

I made about 100 gallons with my RO unit then I didn't use it for about 4 Months. The manual recommends that if you don't use it for more than 30 days, you should take out the membrane and store it in a refrigerator inside a ziplock bag with some water in it. Is this necessary? Should I buy a new membrane? Thanks again guys, Tom

I would just try the membrane and see if it makes good water. Get a cheap ($10) TDS meter.

tim

I would just try the membrane and see if it makes good water. Get a cheap ($10) TDS meter.

tim

Sounds like a plan, I didn't realize TDS meters were so cheap. Do you know where I can buy one locally?

Sounds like a plan, I didn't realize TDS meters were so cheap. Do you know where I can buy one locally?

I don't know, I just bought one on ebay a while back. Waiting a few days for it to arrive doesnt bother me.

HERE is one for $16 with free shipping. Appeals to the lazy guy in me. no tax, no gas, etc.