More Zoo Social Pics

dshnarw

Nice shots, what kind of camera did you use and do you remember your settings? did you touch up any of these pics in photoshop or any other programs? I have D300 and still have long way to go as far as learning..

Nice shots, what kind of camera did you use and do you remember your settings? did you touch up any of these pics in photoshop or any other programs? I have D300 and still have long way to go as far as learning..

Thanks!

My (also new) camera is a Rebel XSi with the 18-55mm kit lens.

Settings varied a bit between the different photos, but all were at ISO 800. Shots in darker settings were at f/5.6-f/8 - including the coldwater tank, jellyfish, etc. Close up shots were at f/14-f/22 such as the mantis shrimp. Everything was shot at -1 EV, and then lightened a bit if needed in Photoshop on just a couple pics. I'm still playing around with the settings a bit to get the best results...only got the camera a week ago or so :)

how do you like the XSi by the way...i was thinking bout upgrading from the XTi...

how do you like the XSi by the way...i was thinking bout upgrading from the XTi...

I'm LOVING it. My only complaint is that live view is slow as all heck, but I've only found it very useful taking topdown aquarium shots where I can't get my face close enough to see through the viewfinder

Were it me, though, I'd stick to the XTi and buy new accessories :biggrin: Hoping for the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro for Christmas :wig:

OMG, these pictures are awesome!

:cheers: Thanks!

hey stop copying my pictures.. look at your pic# 19 and 20 and look at mine.. hehe

we both have similar eye for a shot :)

DSC_0732-1.jpg

DSC_0734-1.jpg

Edited by m3fan8ic

hey stop copying my pictures.. look at your pic# 19 and 20 and look at mine.. hehe

we both have similar eye for a shot :)

DSC_0732-1.jpg

DSC_0734-1.jpg

:biggrin:

those really are quite similar :)

Like your second shot a lot better than my version - the background/foreground blur is really nice