My First 75g Reef Tank

Vader

My tank has been up and running for a year now and thought I would post some pics. I've have many successes and only a few failures thanks to clubs like WAMAS and many thanks to those that have helped me and supported my efforts.

My tank sits upstairs and I've had several......floods due to me forgetting to turn off water after doing a water changes. Well, the wife has put her foot down...(Ouch) and the tank is coming down stairs. But she knows that this will be a large undertaking. So she is letting me upgrade to a 180g. (6'x2'x2') :biggrin: Isn't that sad, "she's letting me" but I can live with that since there is a 6'x6' hole in the kitchen ceiling from my last flood.

I have also purchased 2 - 250w MH's (20K bulbs) with Lumen Max Elite reflectors using a Blue Wave ballast, MP40 and a Korallin Ca reactor. But with power issues upstairs, moving the tank downstairs will be a good move for several reasons. I ran the MH lighting for several hours and in 2 hours, my water temp increased by 2 deg, so again, moving the tank downstairs is a good move. I've also had the circuit breaker trip a couple times and this is only winter when the power grid usally pretty steady this time of year. But the lighting looks out of this world.

The sump will go into the garage and at this time, I'm planning to use a 75g, that may change. The plumbing from the tank to the sump will be below the house and insulated.

Anyway, here are a few pics and I hope you enjoy.

gallery_2631516_732_517003.jpg

gallery_2631516_732_885369.jpg

gallery_2631516_732_679581.jpg

gallery_2631516_732_219276.jpg

gallery_2631516_732_561265.jpg

gallery_2631516_732_1134025.jpg

gallery_2631516_732_743131.jpg

gallery_2631516_732_26887.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to consider a third 250 watt MH on the 6' tank.

This is good advice, and the 75g tank looks great!

Edited by Ryan S

You might want to consider a third 250 watt MH on the 6' tank.

+1

Yep, already thinking about that. I was even thinking of going with two more, a total of 4 MH over it. i'm going to get some pricing this weekend for the carpet down stairs. The wifey wants new carpet before the tank build starts. I'm also trying to talk her into letting me place tile down where the tank is going to sit. A lot to think about but I have time.

Thanks,