the move....

Jager

so I didnt make it to fragfest, I apologize, however I promise i have a good reason. Its just a long story, and any wamaser knows how we love long stories.

After moving 8 months ago Ive been unable to move my system over due to various medical stuff.

sunday we were able to finally get it all moved with no lives lost.

I have committed a cardinal sin however in that i did not take photos of the move, it was a pressure deal and we were trying to beat a storm that was threatening the area after we got it half disassembled. however here is where it used to be.

DSCF0377.jpg

P1010016.jpg

2.jpg

anyway so the victim , my 100 ish gallon system and the myriad support equipment that was in my parent basement. I brought in a close friend/ tank moving contractor with his truck and we started the tear down.

2 trucks and a trailer full later we get over to my house and drop off the tank and gear and start assembling. we finished the cleaning assembling and filling then just put the rock in, ran tests on the water we saved, put the fish in and turned it all back on and did a partial.

started at 1 pm, finished by 7pm, had bourbon and diet coke with coworkers to celebrate by 8:30

i am sad i missed the apparently awesome corals at the fragfest, but having the tank at my house and stable means im alot more comfortable getting frags going again. That and the regal ive had on hold is supposed to be showing up thursday, so having it all in the basement saves me alot of headaches overall.

Im sure my mom will be thrilled as well considering she took it as her personal mission to keep everything alive despite her not knowing much about fish at all.

Ill get photos soon enough with the tank and then grab some of the after aquascape that should happen soon enough.

Thanks go out to Ybe, for making a stand that was light and yet is so strong that 2+ years after building it has not lose a single degree of level *solid little thing it is), and for the sweet removable braces and bulkhead outs we designed in so that the tank came out so much easier.

Hooray for mom!!

Mom's don't have to tell you they love you - they just have to keep your fish alive!

bob