Mods on nanos

FishWife

Have been doing a lot of reading about AquaPods and BioCubes because we now need a QT tank for our Red Seas Max (that doesn't qualify as a nano :cry: ). I finally decided after a ton of research to get an AquaPod 12 for my desk at work. It will house zoos and LPS and inverts, and each fish that I bring home for our Max... for four weeks. :biggrin: Then, when the Max is stocked I'll add one or two fishies to the 12 and be done. ( :why: for awhile? maybe?)

In reading, I've found some REALLY clever mods: here is an amazing thread for all us nano devotees:

Mods on an 8g biocube

I am definitely looking into the fuge idea, and the auto water changes intrigue me. Not up for the expense of the pump yet, but it's very clever. Enjoy!

Have been doing a lot of reading about AquaPods and BioCubes because we now need a QT tank for our Red Seas Max (that doesn't qualify as a nano :cry: ). I finally decided after a ton of research to get an AquaPod 12 for my desk at work. It will house zoos and LPS and inverts, and each fish that I bring home for our Max... for four weeks. :biggrin: Then, when the Max is stocked I'll add one or two fishies to the 12 and be done. ( :why: for awhile? maybe?)

In reading, I've found some REALLY clever mods: here is an amazing thread for all us nano devotees:

Mods on an 8g biocube

I am definitely looking into the fuge idea, and the auto water changes intrigue me. Not up for the expense of the pump yet, but it's very clever. Enjoy!

I had an 8 gal biocube for awhile and made most of the same mods he made (I am kmitch on N-R as well) to the tank. Honestly some of them were a complete waste. Such as the fuge. That chamber is so small that I felt like it was ineffective. With regards to evaporation and needing an ATO-- I put in a half gallon of water every week since its got a closed top. I agree with ditching the filter that comes in there and increasing the pump.

I'd say if you make any changes then upgrade the powerhead to a MJ900 (which are around $20?) ditch the bioballs/ filter pad it comes with, throw the heater in the back, and put some purigen in the second chamber since I doubt you'll run a skimmer.