How to hide drip lines? Etc.

Guest Zimzdoodle

Guest Zimzdoodle

Since I am about to rent a room from gmubeach's brother [which he has not moved into yet so we will have to clean up while its empty and work on projects] I will have the ability to set up the nano. Along with this gmubeach will set up his bowfront (I think its in the 4?something gallon range).

First off we will only get a certain amount of space to work with in the basement living room. The brother said that it has to look nice and we cannot have a chiller on the side and lines all over creation.

If we were to build something to hold this equiptment what suggestions would you have? Also, what should we do with the drip lines to where its not in plain sight?

I have two pictures so you can see the wall it will go against. Not sure which corner area it will be housed yet. But I'm sure you will be able to help with an idea to keep all things safe and water proof(ish).

Thanks and if this was in a forum thread somewhere else for drip line ideas, I missed it :blush:

Pictures below:

Left side of the wall

TroysClamJune182008022.jpg

Continues to the right side

TroysClamJune182008023.jpg

Guest Zimzdoodle

Hide your drip loops in your stand, a corner tank might be an option in this case like a 36 gal? or 54?

That was a lot easier than I thought.

Would it be safe to maybe take some PVC Pipe and run the lines in that way to protect it from any acciental water spillage?

hey Stephanie, I wouldn't use PVC to run your wires - that would just be a pain. I was telling you about the stuff I was going to use when you guys stopped by. It's similar to this:

d4387054-8cd2-4e54-8b78-dc77987f7110_400.jpg

but what I've got is even easier to use. I couldn't find it on line, so I'll take a picture later tonight and post it up for you to see.

Matt

ok found them online:

XL-1GUP6.JPG

and here's the cover:

XL-1GUP1.JPG

You can get them at home depot for about $10 each. They're made from plastic, so you can cut them down to the length you need.

Guest Zimzdoodle

Oh, thank you! I could not recall what you said would be good to use. I'm glad you have come across this post.

I greatly appreciate your time.

Thanks again,

Steph