Kalk stirrer

I just recently got a new kalk stirrer. I have added about 1 inch of Kalk to the bottom and let it stir for 48 hours. The water above the kalk is still milky in color. This is different than the reactor I replace since the water was completely clear except when the pump mixed the kalk for 5 minutes every 24 hours. I am hesitate to connect it to the tank since I had a Kalk overdose once. Any experience would be great. Thanks John Yauger

Hello,

I have a hard rubber trash can as my reservoir. My Litermeter 3 pumps about a gallon and a half of water thru my GSA kalk stirrer. Works great!

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean

It's very cloudy when you first add the kalk and water. It should clear up after a few minutes/hours though with the bottom third or so still being cloudy and the top two thirds being clear (or very close to it).

Make sure your pump is not pumping air into the stirrer. Pumping air into the stirrer will stir up the kalk and cause it to be cloudy all the way to the top. I have a low-level float switch in my top off reservoir to turn off the aqualifter if the top off container is out of water.

Oh... just let her rip! The water on top will always have a slight cloudiness to it. I assume you are just adding water to replace evaporation? As long as you make sure you have a siphon break so it doesn't just keep pumping your whole container of water - you will be fine!

bob