Cloudy eye on wrasse

FishWife

I've been battling what I feel is a gram negative infection with our wrasse. We treated him first by means of soaking his food in gram negative antibiotic, then we treated the hospital tank for five days. Yesterday, we moved him into quarentine, thinking he was better. We stressed him in the process. Last week, it was his fin was affected, but yesterday he was sluggish and today he has ONE cloudy eye... Sort of looks like a cateract. I would not say that his eye is popped; more a cloudy film over it. He's swimming and eating.... anyone know what it is and how do we treat it?

TIA as always!

Edited by FishWife

I've been battling what I feel is a gram negative infection with our wrasse. We treated him first by means of soaking his food in gram negative antibiotic, then we treated the hospital tank for five days. Yesterday, we moved him into quarentine, thinking he was better. We stressed him in the process. Last week, it was his fin was affected, but yesterday he was sluggish and today he has ONE cloudy eye... Sort of looks like a cateract. I would not say that his eye is popped; more a cloudy film over it. He's swimming and eating.... anyone know what it is and how do we treat it?

TIA as always!

what were the syptoms on the fishes fin? sometimes parasites can facilitate a bacterial infection. ive seen parasites cause a film over the eye when a parasite is attached to it. do you have any pictures of the fish?

Sean

what were the syptoms on the fishes fin? sometimes parasites can facilitate a bacterial infection. ive seen parasites cause a film over the eye when a parasite is attached to it. do you have any pictures of the fish?

Sean

Sean,

I put up a video of the sick fin on a different thread...

Here's the thread http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?show...8&hl=wrasse

TIA for any advice.