More off-topic photos

dshnarw

Bladensburg Waterfront Park, last night and today. (Yep...standing around in the storm :) )

Inside a caboose:

train_inside_x.jpg

Fishing:

gone_fishin_x.jpg

Raining:

river_rain_3_x.jpg

river_rain_4_x.jpg

Sunset:

anacostia1.jpg

Storm (one is a single shot, the other is HDR):

river_rain.jpg

river_rain_2_x.jpg

Nice shots. Did you have to airbrush out all the trash that is usually in that river? Or did you just catch it on a good day?

Thanks.

Caught it on a good day - trash was all under the docks instead of in the channel :)

You should see it after a good rainstorm. there are times when you have to look hard to see the river, for all the trash that is in it. I remember doing one of the potomac river cleanup projects a few years back and I was surprised at how much trash we pulled out of one very small area. Basically that river ends up catching anything that gets littered on the eastern side of DC.

You should see it after a good rainstorm. there are times when you have to look hard to see the river, for all the trash that is in it. I remember doing one of the potomac river cleanup projects a few years back and I was surprised at how much trash we pulled out of one very small area. Basically that river ends up catching anything that gets littered on the eastern side of DC.

So I should go back tomorrow then? :biggrin:

They had some of the orange temporary fencing on the sides of the docks, looked like they were collecting the trash with them for easier removal. Still wasn't too bad though. I've seen MUCH worse through cave cleanups in KY, but I can imagine how bad the rivers around here get with so much higher population density (and what seems like a generally less environmentally-conscious population).

• 2 weeks later...