Ballast

Guest MikeInFredVA

Guest MikeInFredVA

I have 2 (70watt) ballasts with 120 Vac, 50/60 Hz 77w, 0.64a, HPF>90%, and 2 with 120v, 60 Hz, that will drive two 65,55, or 40watt lights and after lookung further into the ballasts I see I can run them together too on cord, or seperately.or by pairs. I am geting ready to make antoher canopy for my new 75 and wondering how should i run them to get the best lighting out of these ballast for a nice coral tank, keep in mind I can Add more ballast too for MH. Thank You all for your Inputs

Guest MikeInFredVA

I have 2 (70watt) ballasts with 120 Vac, 50/60 Hz 77w, 0.64a, HPF>90%, and 2 with 120v, 60 Hz, that will drive two 65,55, or 40watt lights and after lookung further into the ballasts I see I can run them together too on cord, or seperately.or by pairs. I am geting ready to make antoher canopy for my new 75 and wondering how should i run them to get the best lighting out of these ballast for a nice coral tank, keep in mind I can Add more ballast too for MH. Thank You all for your Inputs

I would like too hear what you all think about T5 over VHO, or Power compacts to T5 before I jump into making the canopy.

Guest MikeInFredVA

T5, hands down.

Should I do T5 2 20k and 2 10k and some moon lighting, and would that be enough by it's self for clams, or should i throw a few MH lights on top of that ?

Mike

T5 vs MH over a shallow tank like a 75g really comes down to personal preferences.

I run straight T5s (324W) over my 75g and the lighting is sufficient for SPS, clams and anenomes. I would recommend you either go with T5 only, MH only or maybe MH supplemented by T5 or VHO actinics. JMHO

Guest MikeInFredVA

T5 vs MH over a shallow tank like a 75g really comes down to personal preferences.

I run straight T5s (324W) over my 75g and the lighting is sufficient for SPS, clams and anenomes. I would recommend you either go with T5 only, MH only or maybe MH supplemented by T5 or VHO actinics. JMHO

I think i might try the T5 only i have no tanks with just T5 on it something new is always nice. if i don't like it i can always change it or add something.

Mike