Getting Tailspot Blenny to eat

tranceFusion

I know a bunch of you have Tailspot Blennies. I just got mine a couple of days ago. He doesn't eat. I have tried herbivore flakes, nori on a clip, and crushed up nori. It can float right past his face and he doesn't seem to recognize anything as food.

What do you guys feed and how?

thanks!

Try live brine shrimp?

Cyclopeez, Black Worms, mysis? Mine ate everything! :)

I know a bunch of you have Tailspot Blennies. I just got mine a couple of days ago. He doesn't eat. I have tried herbivore flakes, nori on a clip, and crushed up nori. It can float right past his face and he doesn't seem to recognize anything as food.

What do you guys feed and how?

thanks!

When I first got mine, it just ate algae on rocks or on my tunzes. It was funny to watch - he'd go up to the tunze nipple on it and then get blown half way across the tank. About 2 or 3 weeks after I got him, he started eating the little pieces of nori that was floating around the tank after the tangs finished. Recently he has started eating mysis.

Since you just got him, he maybe still acclimating to your tank.

-Karl

I thought these fish were herbivores?

And I can feed blackworms to marine fish?

Tangs are herbivores as well - but mine eat everything I put in the tank - and get much more excited about shrimp than nori. and that includes a few blackworms once in a while. The Kole Tang was a little slow getting used to pellets - looks like he's sucking on a pickle... but he eats them now.

bob

Trance if you don't mind me asking where'd you get that little guy from? I've been looking for one for a while now.

Well, I guess I will just wait it out. I just hope my tank doesn't have a huge algae outbreak with all this food I am unsucessfully feeding :) I haven't seen him nibbling at anything yet but maybe I make him nervous.

I looked locally for a couple of months but nobody seemed to be able to get them in. I ended up getting one through liveaquaria.com. I got on the in-stock notification a few times but kept missing it. They seem to send out a notification every Wednesday morning. I managed to get to the site and order one but got an email that night saying that the fish was backordered. It took about two more weeks for them to ship one to me but I finally got one!

Here's a (bad) pic I snapped:

img0011dt1.jpg

Thanks to the good folks on wamas...mine is eating brine gutloaded with DT's....along with a small bit of algae that he finds in the tank.........where did yours come from?

Thanks to the good folks on wamas...mine is eating brine gutloaded with DT's....along with a small bit of algae that he finds in the tank.........where did yours come from?

did you have trouble feeding originally?

By DT's do you mean this: http://www.dtplankton.com/ ?

Do you culture your own brine shrimp?