Food Grade?

Hilary

OK, so I get that I should only use food grade plastic storage/mixing containers. I picked up some of the water containers from WalMart for storage and maybe my auto top off, but still need a larger container I can use for mixing. I see Rubbermaid products in a lot of photos and have heard it mentioned, but their website doesn't say anything about whether they use food grade plastics (unless I missed it). Would I be pretty safe using any of their products, or is there a line I should stick to?

OK, so I get that I should only use food grade plastic storage/mixing containers. I picked up some of the water containers from WalMart for storage and maybe my auto top off, but still need a larger container I can use for mixing. I see Rubbermaid products in a lot of photos and have heard it mentioned, but their website doesn't say anything about whether they use food grade plastics (unless I missed it). Would I be pretty safe using any of their products, or is there a line I should stick to?

Easy, go to Home Depot and buy Brute Rubbermaid trash can of the size of your choice. They usually have them in 44, 32 and 20 gallons. The lid is included in the price. The Brute cans are food grade. Here's a link below:

Brute, by Rubbermaid

Another thought - have you used a heater with these?

Yes I have. No prolems, however just to be safe I try to avoid the heater touching the bin. You never know.