How to Set Up TruVu Refugium?

Brian Ward

I picked this up from a member a while back and I can't figure out how it works. Here is a link to the product:

http://www.truvuaquariums.com/mwdpsrf300.html

You can't see it but there is a hole on the right side of the tank near the top, I'm assuming for water to exit. I just can't figure out how the thing works though. It looks like a skimmer can go in the middle chamber - esp if the water exit is on the right past the baffles. But where would the fuge algae go? How would you plumb this? Anyone have one or know how to put this together?

Edited by Brian Ward

Are you sure it's meant to hold a skimmer?

Looks like water comes in on the left, fuge is in the middle, and the right would hold a pump to push the water back out.

Tracy

Are you sure it's meant to hold a skimmer?

Looks like water comes in on the left, fuge is in the middle, and the right would hold a pump to push the water back out.

Tracy

No, not sure. I read this:

The Refugium series is as simple as it is effective. A refugium chamber is covered with an evaporation cover. The XL model features a 10"x10" protein skimmer chamber.

And the one I have has a cover on the right side and the middle is open. So it was a guess .....

When I looked at the site it doesn't show the XL version unless the series 300 is the XL. I would think that if a skimmer was to go into the refugium that is would come before the main part where the water flows into the refugium. Since that way more of the pods and good stuff go back into the tank and not get sucked up by the skimmer. Now I maybe wrong but I would think that the XL version has to have another compartment to it but that version is not shown in any of the pictures I think.