Anemone and Clowns

newfish

Ok, So I bought an anemone a couple of days ago. Its a GBTA. I have a mated pair of False percula clowns that I was really looking forward to them hosting in the anemone.

I was doing some research(which probably should have been done before buying) and noticed that a lot of sites feel that it is very rare for False Percs to host in Bubble tip anemones.

Any comments on this topic.

Should I look into getting something else? If anyone has a carpet anemone they would like to re-home or sell a lot of my reading says I would have a better chance with that.

Is there anything that I can do to make the clowns more "Attracted" to the anemone.

Thanks for the Help

Josh

Edited by newfish

Hi,

how old is your tank..............

I have been piecing it together for the past few months. It has been going with Livestock in it for a little over a month maybe 2

I have been piecing it together for the past few months. It has been going with Livestock in it for a little over a month maybe 2

Well........let me first say....i am far from the expert on this here wamas board....but i think adding an anenome into such a young tank is bad........bad...i say........have you even been thru all the algae stages yet?....like the browns and greens and reds....i had hair algae so bad at one time my hermits were afraid they would get lost in it........let alone adding an anenome .......but knock on woood i am 100% HA free now...even though my tail spot blenny wishes i had a bit more....i think i am getting off track here....but we will wait for more of them "experts" to chime in on the subject.

Bryan

Edited by rrubberbandman

Josh,

Clownfish host in all sorts of stuff that isn't "natural" for them.

Carpet anemones are "expert only"

The BTA will be enough of a challenge to keep with your current set up.

My clowns took 6 weeks before they found my anemone.

Tracy

I was doing some research(which probably should have been done before buying) and noticed that a lot of sites feel that it is very rare for False Percs to host in Bubble tip anemones.

Lots of comments, but here is a pair of black and white ocellaris in a group of BTAs:gallery_94_6_48495.jpg

You'll also find sites telling you anemones eat powdered invert food, anemones don't eat, etc.

It may take awhile for A. ocellaris(False Percula) to call a BTA home, but there are ways to assist the process without injurying either party. Best to give it 6 months and let nature take its course.

Cheers.

btw: Please do not get a carpet at this stage of experience or tank establishment.

Edited by traveller7

No worries. Everyone is saying that it is a difficult anemone and that I should wait. I will.

I will just be patient with the hosting and see what happens.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Any other are welcome.

be patient and have faith i have a gold stripe maroon clown that hosts in a condy/hatian pink tipped anem a "fish eating" anem... not only does she host she feeds it krill that my lion fish drops

Ok, So I bought an anemone a couple of days ago. Its a GBTA. I have a mated pair of False percula clowns that I was really looking forward to them hosting in the anemone.

Should I look into getting something else? If anyone has a carpet anemone they would like to re-home or sell a lot of my reading says I would have a better chance with that.

Is there anything that I can do to make the clowns more "Attracted" to the anemone.

Thanks for the Help

Josh

i was hoping that it would take a while for my false percs to take the nem so it would grow more...

but they took to it with in a week or two of being in the smae tank..

its really cute

they will figure it out in time

be patient and have faith i have a gold stripe maroon clown that hosts in a condy/hatian pink tipped anem a "fish eating" anem... not only does she host she feeds it krill that my lion fish drops

I had a condy eat a maroon.