Mantis Shrimp verses RBTA

'Ric

I have a RBTA that isn't doing well, as you know if you read my last post. one possibility is that it's being picked on by one or two of my fish.

My initial idea was to move him to my satellite display fuge that I have set up to keep him safe from the fish.

Problem: the satellite fuge was set up for a Mantis Shrimp. which arrives Wednesday.

I've heard that Mantis Shrimp won't prey on corals, but what about anemones?

If it makes a difference, it's a "spearer" - Pseudosquilla ciliata

'Ric

For you 'death-shrimp' lovers - Marine Scene has a really huge, really nice looking Mantis Shrimp. The sales associate told me it has 'quite a personality' - 'likes to play'.... ooookay.

bob

• 2 weeks later...

Have not had any trouble with mine pestering anemones.

btw: Ciliata is one of my favorites :)

Does your shrimp come out much? When I first got him, he was all over the tank for the first few hours. Now I've had him for a week now, and in that time he's moved from a cave to a burrow he dug under a piece of dead coral. I've been feeding him a couple frozen mysis shimps in the evening and a couple pellets before I got to work in the morning. He doesn't come out, but I can see his little beady eyes looking out at me. When I come by later the food is gone, so I guess he's eating it rather than the regular scavangers in there with him.

'Ric