Clams Direct

saltaquaman

Had a pretty poor experience with Clams direct I ordered a clam on sale from them. They said they would ship it on the following Wednesday. They then e-mailed me back saying that they had a power outage and the clam wasn't looking too healthy. They said they would be getting more clams in after the new year and I could order another then. I said ok no problems but I hope I could still get the sale price if I have to reorder. He responded that he hadn't charged my card yet. I responded that I bought the clam because of the sale and hoped he would honor that sale price. He just sent back "We have sales all the time!"

The e-mail exchange is provided below

Begin:::

Ok, forget the order then. I will be sure to post on Reef Central and the Washington Area Marine Aquarist (WAMAS) web site with feedback about the bait and switch.

Sorry things didn

That is definitely NOT a shining example of good customer service. Sorry about your luck there, Greg. I know who to stay away from when I'm ready to order a clam.

Had a pretty poor experience with Clams direct I ordered a clam on sale from them. They said they would ship it on the following Wednesday. They then e-mailed me back saying that they had a power outage and the clam wasn't looking too healthy. They said they would be getting more clams in after the new year and I could order another then. I said ok no problems but I hope I could still get the sale price if I have to reorder. He responded that he hadn't charged my card yet. I responded that I bought the clam because of the sale and hoped he would honor that sale price. He just sent back "We have sales all the time!"

The e-mail exchange is provided below

Begin:::

Ok, forget the order then. I will be sure to post on Reef Central and the Washington Area Marine Aquarist (WAMAS) web site with feedback about the bait and switch.

Sorry things didn

BArry spoke at our club meeting amost exactly one year ago.

I'm sure if you mentioned you're a WAMAS member and he had recently spoken at one of our club meetings, he might find a soft spot.

At least he didn't send a sub par clam and you have to deal with that if you even realized it. Sometimes what looks good to us, may not actually be what we're seeing.

He seems like a pretty decent fellow so I'd wait till your actual transaction goes thru to see the outcome.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them. I was very impressed with Clams Direct after I bought 2 clams from them. Barry called me the day my clams arrived to ensure they looked healthy and to see if I had any questions.