placement of 2 tunze 6101 streams

guppychao

have a 180, 6x2x2.

got an early xmas present and got some streams, where would you place them and what settings would you have?

initially i placed them in each corner and have it on sequence 1.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

How much detritus did they kick up when you first put them in?

I like mine on sequence 2 with quick bursts of highs then lows.

Play around with the controls a little to see what suits your tank. Either way, the increases flow is going to do wonders for your tank.

I would place them low, in the back corners angled up and towards the middle. The last few tanks I've set up seem to have done better with the bottom-to-top flow rather than the usual top-rear corner placement. I believe this gives better gas exchange since the back bottom layer of water is forced to the top rather than the top layer of water being pushed in a circle. I've also noticed less fine sand movement. My little 29 has 3" of fine aragonite and 2x6055s (the controllable nanostreams @1189 gph) and the sand movement hasn't been a problem with this pump arrangement. It also helps hide the pumps too, which is nice. Lastly, you get a nice boil of water which helps create a bigger glimmer effect from a MH bulb. I can post pics if you want more details. I pulse them 60%-100% @~10sec interval. Hope this helps.

Justin

Have your son don mask, fins, and snorkel and paddle around! Who needs Tunzes... Actually the idea for the low placement towards the top sounds like it might be worth trying (or you could alternate placement during cleaning to help get rid of detritus that isn't out in the open).