DIY metal halide

MOT

Hi everyone, I have a 2 extra coralife 150 watt HQI ballasts. I was wondering if it would be possible to hook them up to these reflectors that I found on hello lights...

http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageA...amp;ProdID=1400

I say "hook them up" because thats about all I know. would I just be sticking the wires that come out of the HQI socket into the "plug" that comes out of the ballast? When I say "plug" I don't mean the one that goes into the wall but the one that would normally connect to one of coralife's penants. Anyone, anyone, anyone? thanks, Tom

Hi everyone, I have a 2 extra coralife 150 watt HQI ballasts. I was wondering if it would be possible to hook them up to these reflectors that I found on hello lights...

http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageA...amp;ProdID=1400

I say "hook them up" because thats about all I know. would I just be sticking the wires that come out of the HQI socket into the "plug" that comes out of the ballast? When I say "plug" I don't mean the one that goes into the wall but the one that would normally connect to one of coralife's penants. Anyone, anyone, anyone? thanks, Tom

Should be possible.

fwiw: I try to build in quick disconnects so that the pendant can be taken down and cleaned/bulb changed without dragging along the ballast.

Thanks for the affirmation guys. Anybody know how to do this? Or where I could learn? I really haven't the foggiest notion as to how this would work. Thanks again. ~Tom

Thanks for the affirmation guys. Anybody know how to do this? Or where I could learn? I really haven't the foggiest notion as to how this would work. Thanks again. ~Tom

In our modern age of litigation, many folks have stopped posting electrical DIY. Post some pictures of the ballasts you have as a start. Wiring and part numbers would be a good start.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I think about this the more I think I'm gonna burn my house down trying to save money... I would probably want to use 250 watt metal halides on a 120 gallon mixed reef anyway. Though it seems like such a waste of the these ballasts and bulbs i have.