Sick Pulsating Xenia?

rdavidw

Part of my Pulsating Xenia has turned yellowish and looks to be dying. Anyone seen this before? I just noticed it today.

gallery_2631271_278_50485.jpg

gallery_2631271_278_45719.jpg

About a week ago my tank temp dropped down to 73 for a few hours. It typically goes down to 77 at night and up to 79 during the day. I have had the big Xenia for about two months and my other stuff looks ok, except some of my pink coralline has bleached a bit in the last few days.

gallery_2631271_278_53371.jpg

Nitrates = 0

Phosphates = 0

Calcium = 430

Alkalinity = 10 dKH

Temp = typically 77-80

PH = 8.2-8.3

Salinity = 1.026 ish

150 gallon glass tank

(6) 96Watt Compact Fluorescents

30 gal sump with refugium (5

IME it just does this from time to time. Sometimes I have cut off the dieing branch(es) out of concern that it would spread, sometimes not. It usually just runs its course with no ill effects on the colony overall.

IME it just does this from time to time. Sometimes I have cut off the dieing branch(es) out of concern that it would spread, sometimes not. It usually just runs its course with no ill effects on the colony overall.

I've had whole (small) colonies die from it - but a separate colony 1" away isn't affected. It's a xenia thing.

bob

I had xenia do that too. Every single hand shriveled up, died and fell off. It was just nubs. I moved it a bit, found some detrius trapped under the rock it was on, and it fully recovered. That's my one lone experience with it.

Tracy

Ditto. Mine runs out of room to grow (on an isolated island) and it huge chunk of it dies, then repopulates.

Ain't nothin but a xenia thing...