And you think you have a Hair Algae Problem?

toastiireefs

These are (poor quality) pictures of the hair algae we (tamie and myself) took out of "Tank 3" or the Cold Pacific Tank!!

post-1722-1190576689_thumb.jpg

post-1722-1190576714_thumb.jpg

post-1722-1190576744_thumb.jpg

what you are seeing is approximately 2lbs... you heard (or rather saw) me TWO POUNDS of hair algae

(and there is still more.... )

Just a friendly... hello! from us at the National Zoo!!

I had a huge hair algae problem. There was a 4-5" ground and rock covering throughout my entire 72 gallon. A little over a week later, and it is all gone. I put a yellow tang in there...and he went to work.

I had a huge hair algae problem. There was a 4-5" ground and rock covering throughout my entire 72 gallon. A little over a week later, and it is all gone. I put a yellow tang in there...and he went to work.

lol - thats amazing!! and im currently battling a medium case of HA!

it would be very cute to put a yellow tang or a blenny or any other pretty fishes in there!!- but there are tons of dangerous obsticles like BIG anemones and huge seaurchins. and well the water is tooooo cold ( 10 degrees C)

haha but the HA isnt a problem in that tank- its just not pretty! i cant imagine what a HA PROBLEM would look like in that tank! eeeek!!!!!

but when i was helping remove all of that algae i was just thinking about if all of that was in my little 40gl hex tank and im like i HAVE to post this on wamas!

:fish:

:)

and tamie told me to say

its also an invertebrate exibit :)

(minus lucky the clownfish)

A clown is living in 10 degrees C???

Not sure that is lucky, how long has he been in there?

A clown is living in 10 degrees C???

Not sure that is lucky, how long has he been in there?

no no no no

lucky is in tropical waters.. not sure though...

she is NOT in the cold pacific tank

she is in the invertebrate exibit however, which is the whole building

she lives in back of tank 6 (the flat tank) where ppl dont disturb her.. but she has a new anemone friend who moved next to her hole on sunday

what you are seeing is approximately 2lbs... you heard (or rather saw) me TWO POUNDS of hair algae

(and there is still more.... )

Just a friendly... hello! from us at the National Zoo!!

Two pounds is nothing. Last time I pulled at least 3 lbs - and that's out of a 60 gal tank! :cry: I need a Kole Tang...

--Rob