Pipefish

squiddly

I have had dismal failures with banded pipefish, losing two in the reef tank, and one in the tank I set up as species specific. I am getting the feeling that perhaps putting them in a reef tank was not the greatest of ideas, despite the abundance of pods for them to eat. The first one died almost immediately, the second a few weeks later. The third died the day after I acclimated him to the new tank.

So, water parameters are correct, as in 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites, 0 ammonia, 8.2 pH, reef tank 80 degrees, species specific tank 75 degrees, both tanks at 1.025 salinity.

Any ideas? My seahorses are doing great in a separate tank.

If they are very new could be they never acclimated to captivity.

Critical times for them - right after adding (probably do not start eating) and around 6 month - not proper diet, not anough nutritions.

I'm still to see my multiband eating pods. Seems like he never picks from rocks. He eats cyclopeez well.

If they are very new could be they never acclimated to captivity.

Critical times for them - right after adding (probably do not start eating) and around 6 month - not proper diet, not anough nutritions.

I'm still to see my multiband eating pods. Seems like he never picks from rocks. He eats cyclopeez well.

*sigh* I'm not sure whether to keep trying, or to give up and just stick with the ponies. It's been very frustrating.