Tek T5 light warranty?

inedukated

I bought a 48" 6 bulb Tek Light T5 unit from BRK last November, around thanksgiving. It's been running fine for about 6 1/2 months. Last week, two of the bulbs won't fire. I took it down, cleaned it out, swapped bulbs, and still those same two bulbs aren't working. I can only assume it's the ballast.

1) any other tips to get this working?

2) Does Tek have some sort of warranty on these things?

-Ben

TEK light fixtures include a 1-year warranty by the manufacturer, Sunlight Supply. They are good about honoring the warranty but you have to mail the fixture to them. They will not ship out a loaner or cross-ship a replacement ballasts. Sux, but that's how they handle claims.

TEK light fixtures include a 1-year warranty by the manufacturer, Sunlight Supply. They are good about honoring the warranty but you have to mail the fixture to them. They will not ship out a loaner or cross-ship a replacement ballasts. Sux, but that's how they handle claims.

Bob is correct, you have to send it in....but they will warranty it

Thanks guys. I will try to contact Sunlight and see what they can do for me. Will I need to ship the bulbs as well?

Do you think an old Orbit 4x65w PC unit will suffice (2 SPS colonies, no clams, many other LPS and softies) until I get it back?