Oceans Motions

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4

I have finally finished the plumbing, for now that is! :D  This unit is incredible!  I have no dead spots and no surface film.  Here is a link to the pics.  http://community.webshots.com/album/269605561ewPAYw

I may be hacking all the pipes down and raising the unit to cut down on head loss, but we will see.  As of right now the flow is spectacular!

Is it on a closed loop? If so then the only "headloss" is the distance bewteen the drains & the returns.

Nice job, I'm dreading the 4-way plumbing, can't imagine an 8-way :laugh:

Guest clownfish4
It is a closed loop, so I am probably just trying to make more useless work for myself!  The plumbing was a challenge, but the end results are fabulous!

Mike,

Wow- what a lot of plumbing- All hidden behind the stand. Have you finished the canopy?

I will have to stop by to check that out once you have the finishing touches put on it- Drop me a PM and I will bring a frag over as a new tank warming presento-

Regards,

]]]bmp

tng

Howard

Guest clownfish4
I have not finished the canopy.  In fact, this was a very cheap, about $10s, temporary canopy.  I plan on destroying it when I build my real canopy.  It was a lot of pluming, I used about 50' of pvc and over 40 connectors including elbows, ball valves, unions, and couplers.  Feel free to stop by any time you want Lee.  I can give you a frag of that pom pom xenia I know you want :D

It is a closed loop, so I am probably just trying to make more useless work for myself!

Well shortenting the pipes would cut a bit on friction loss - lol. Sounds like you had quite a bit of fun with the "adult legos" aka PVC. Think I'm goin to refer to that pic when I'm trying to plumb the 4 way - just to remind myself that if an 8-way can be done......... :D

Great to see it.  I have been thinking about a four-way also, but will probably wait for the seaswirls to burn out.

Looks a bit like a giant insect :D

Guest clownfish4
125g - I went with the 8 way because I plan to have a lot of sps and I always plan for the future.  I know I will be upgrading to a bigger tank so I figured it would just be easier this way.