Oceans Motions

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4
Well, my 8-way arrived on Tuesday and is in perfect condition.  Paul seems to be a very devoted aquarist.  Anyways, turns out plumbing with my current set-up would be nearly impossible.  So now I have to move the entire 125g tank to a new area about ten feet away.  Very frustrating, but I am sure the product will more than meet my expectations.  As soon as I move it and plumb it and upload my photos I will share the entire experience.

Guest HVF21221

Did you get any revolutions? What pump are you going to use?

Howard

Guest clownfish4
I am using a mag 18 and no revolutions.  I am hoping that 8 outlets in a 125g will make enough noise.  I plan to make the move next weekend, so I will post pics and info then.

Mike,

LMK if you need help moving, will try to be free for you!

Howard

Guest clownfish4
Well, today is Saturday, January 8th, the day of the big move.  As of right now, 9:35 a.m., I am moving the last bit of junk out of the way.  Soon I will be emptying all of my livestock into my 55g sump and will be placing all the water/rock in bins provided by Howard(thanks Howard).  After that, I will proceed to empty the four hundred pound of playsand.  Most of it will be thrown away, as I have been told that a 6" sand bed will get blown into a severe sandstorm with all the flow I am adding.  After the sand is out, the tank will be moved 5-10' to its new home.  All the absolutely necessary plumbing will be done, then all the rock and fish will return to the tank.  Then I will worry about setting up my oceans motions.  I'll let you know at the end of the day how it went.  And if anybody is interested in helping, although I don't absolutely needed but would appreciate it :D , feel free to give me a call at 703-569-5829, Mike.

Guest clownfish4
7:17, the entire tank is empty, however my family decided to go to a party.  So now I am waiting for them to come back and am trying to find a couple of close friends that are very strong.

Guest clownfish4
1-9-05, 12:30 a.m., the tank is now in place and was double checked for leaks.  I am now in the process of putting everything back.  I will post pics soon when I get the actual unit plumbed in.

Guest clownfish4
I moved it to the corner at an angle so I would have lots of room behind it.  It is 10:33 and I am still not finished.  I worked until 6 and fell asleep.  I have to make some new saltwater, then I need to heat the water in the tank, then I can acclimate everything and I will be done.  I don't know when I will get around to the plumbing though.  I have work and school starts this week on tues. through thurs.  I will post some pics of the tank at the end of the day.  Meanwhile, I have to go right now and will be back at 3.

Guest clownfish4
7:08 p.m., the tank is full and I am now making up a few more gallons of fresh saltwater to fill the sump to an adequate level.  I will try to post pics tonight, but if I don't have time due to the 24 season premier being on, I will definately post them when I get home from work tomorrow.

The plumbing for that is crazy. I see why you had to move the tank. Good luck with getting everything back in the tank.  I imagine that acclimation process will take a while

Guest clownfish4
I guess an update is in order.  The tank is completely set-up.  I took me two days, but it was well worth it.  Now I just need a lot of time to plumb this monstrosity.

Guest clownfish4
As I said, I had to remove most of my sand to prevent a sand storm.  I was a little nervous about how it would turn out, but I must say, the shallow sand bed is beautiful!  For any of you who have deep sand beds, I actually think the 1-2" look is astounding.

Any reason for using a 90 degree elbow out of the Mag18? This will reduce the flow from the pump prior to hitting the OM. Also...the ball valves out of the OM? Were you worried about too much flow (which could be restricted by the ball valve from the base of the pump outlet) or just wanted to make the unit separable from the plumbing? I like the new 8 way versus the old style, but the old style was much easier to plumb to a tank :) Glad to see another OM out there, Paul makes an estounding product!

Guest clownfish4
The ball valves are just for seperationg.  The ninety degree elbow is there because it was the only 3/4" to 1" adapter I could find.  I will replace it as soon as I can.

cool! I thought it was to separate :) Only thing I can recommend to anyone using OMs is to make sure you  do a good job on the teflon tape around the outlets. If you don't you will see an "air induction" which in turn causes excess microbubbles. Sometimes after you teflon the fitting may move causing this to happen. Some will fill with salt creep, others will not. Overall, I would have to say this was one of the best reef inventions of 2004!