packing and shipping corals

Nat'nCritters

I'm starting to think about how to package up some little frags I am collecting to give to my father when I visit him in Oklahoma in June. Are there any good sites or threads out there on packing and shipping frags? They will likely be going as part of my luggage, so only really 10-12 hours in transit. Thanks for your help! Nat

Hi!

Definately carry on would be my advice. What kinds of corals are you going to be taking? Some corals can be shipped 'dry'. But generally you would want to have bags for each species, put oxygen in the bag, tie off the bags, and put them all in a styrofoam cooler. 10-12 hours should be a piece of cake.

hth

Hi!

Definately carry on would be my advice. What kinds of corals are you going to be taking? Some corals can be shipped 'dry'. But generally you would want to have bags for each species, put oxygen in the bag, tie off the bags, and put them all in a styrofoam cooler. 10-12 hours should be a piece of cake.

hth

I dont think I can carry on due to the "no liquid" policy though. :( Any techniques for getting Oxygen into the baggies?

You won't be able to carry it on. Go to target or Walmart and get a thermos. Bag up the corals and put them into the thermos and seal it. The thermos should hold the temp so you won't really need a heat pack. Have fun!

I dont think I can carry on due to the "no liquid" policy though. :( Any techniques for getting Oxygen into the baggies?

You are right. Sorry about that I forgot.