PC lighting question

DCDeacon

I have two 96W Power Compact bulbs over a 40 breeder with softies and one BTA. I had a 10K and a 50/50 in there and when I went to replace them I accidentally orders a 10K and an 05 Actinic. Question is, how much of a different will it make to my anemone/zoas/leathers to have an Actinic in there vs. a 50/50?

Should I buy another 50/50 to replace the actinic, or is the amount and quality of light they're getting still about the same?

Well the amount of light is definitely different... will it be sufficient... I think so (except for maybe the anemone... he/she will want more light).

Dave

Well the amount of light is definitely different... will it be sufficient... I think so (except for maybe the anemone... he/she will want more light).

Dave

Thanks Dave. May go ahead and just replace it to be safe.

I must respectfully disagree. I think it will be fine, maybe even better.

First, while par may got down, I don't think the difference in usable light between one 48w (half a 96w) of 10k and O3 is significant at all. Perhaps even better.

Second, I think one 10k and one O3 is more the "standard" as you will end up with a total of 50/50 light... I would bet you will like the color more.

Finally I kept a BTA in a 33g (a 4ft tank) for years with 130w of PC light and it split often.

Good luck

Edited by Grav