I am a father!!!

Tang-away

well not just yet.  My tomato clowns had some babies. they are still in the egg, but you can see a pair of eyes looking at you.  I'd say there are about 20-25 of them.  They are still attached to the wall.  what do I do now if I want to raise them?  Thanks guys and gals!

Guest clownfish4
From what I understand it is pretty complicated to raise them to adulthood if you're not prepared for it.  Chances are the eggs will be eaten by other fish.  If you want to raise them in the future, I'd suggest the book Clownfish.  It has a lot of good info in it.  You have to feed the fry rotifers and stuff and have a seperate tank with very low flow and what not.

Y'up and free fish food on a regular basis once they get started.  They might get a little more territorial around their egg laying area.  If there are only 25 eggs then this is probably their first clutch.  They should lay a couple hundred eggs.  It takes a fair amount of preparation- if you are interested in details, a must have book is Joyce Wilkerson's Clownfish book.  Biggest part of the process is getting good about culturing rotifers.  Without them, your chances are nil.  There are a few members now who raise clownfish, so I'm sure you can find local help.  Maria (?) raises a bunch of types.  Oldcar usually has some breeding. and Traveller7 might (it sounds like he has the tanks for it).

Michael