Rick's

Mystical Lady

I stopped at Rick's in Frederick on my way home to check out clowns and make a purchase... I have already had bad customer service here but I thought I would give this place one more chance...

As I made my way to the back of the store where they keep the fish I passed 3 employees at the Cash register area laughing and talking.... I was checking out the fish expecting SOMEONE to come check on me..... NOONE ever left that cash register area to even ask if I needed something... I waited 15mins. looking at the fish.... I decided to leave and on my way out someone from the cash register area hollered out 'is there anything i can help you with'....... on my way OUT !!!! can you believe that?? geezzzzzzzzz...... I won't go back there again... its ridiculous!! I wish I didn't live so far from BRK.... but then its only 18M from my work...hhmmm.... maybe a LONG lunch sometime...... :bluefish:

I stopped at Rick's in Frederick on my way home to check out clowns and make a purchase... I have already had bad customer service here but I thought I would give this place one more chance...

As I made my way to the back of the store where they keep the fish I passed 3 employees at the Cash register area laughing and talking.... I was checking out the fish expecting SOMEONE to come check on me..... NOONE ever left that cash register area to even ask if I needed something... I waited 15mins. looking at the fish.... I decided to leave and on my way out someone from the cash register area hollered out 'is there anything i can help you with'....... on my way OUT !!!! can you believe that?? geezzzzzzzzz...... I won't go back there again... its ridiculous!! I wish I didn't live so far from BRK.... but then its only 18M from my work...hhmmm.... maybe a LONG lunch sometime...... :bluefish:

I've been to Rick's a few times. I haven't been overly impressed, but I'll still go there time to time. I've only bought a Bulkhead from Rick's. It was a little on the pricey side, but I didn't mind too much. It was about the same price after shipping from the internet. The owner (I believe) sold me the bulkhead. He was really friendly. He asked about my setup and gave me some plumbing suggestions. He seemed to know what he was talking about since his plumbing suggestions already matched what I had installed :wink:

As for customer support, I really haven't had a problem there. I've only been a few times. Some of their stuff seems overpriced and not that great looking. I can't really say for sure since I spend my money elsewhere. I know when I go to Frederick for aquarium junk in general, I hear a lot of people recommend Rick's.

I might give them another chance if I were you. Also, I would ask for help next time. Sometimes people fall asleep at the wheel if you know what I mean :) Also, sometimes people don't ask because they know people don't like to be harassed. Now, if you look like you needed help and they didn't say anything, then that's another story. The fact that they asked you on the way out tells me that they noticed you, but were giving you space. They just failed to recognize that you needed help earlier.

Rick's sucks! Especially the owner!!! I gotta post my story about incident at Rick's regarding a tank purchase... The owner is an *******!!!

I stop there sometime but only if that tattoo'ed dude is there- he's cool! There's no good deal but sometime when in emergency I need some additive etc, I gotta make a stop :(

I stop there sometime but only if that tattoo'ed dude is there- he's cool!

I totally agree on this one...... he is really cool......

I totally agree on this one...... he is really cool......

Oh...that's the guy I talked to. He acted like he ran the place, so I thought he was the owner. Yeah, he was really cool.

I stop there sometime but only if that tattoo'ed dude is there- he's cool!

he told me he 'owns' one of the frag tanks.... the one on the right at the back of the store... his frags are much better than the stores.......

The tattoed guy have light brown or dirty blonde hair, little on the big side (tall not fat)

If so ask him if hes a professional wrestler next time you see him... he's a nice guy.

I don't like ricks either, but have used them for emergency parts...

Dave

He's a semi-muscle dude, with short dark blonde hair and glasses. He always wear black tank top shirt. He's very helpful and always made his time to talk with me. Also, seems to be better source of information at Rick's.

Other workers there seems to be a few bricks shy of load...

Other workers there seems to be a few bricks shy of load...

no, no... they're "One sandwich short of a picnic"

LOL

:rollface:

• 1 month later...

Rick's has been my only bad experience with customer service since I've gotten back into this hobby.

Very condescending to someone who was just trying to get back into the hobby. I've had people tell me they really like Rick's, but I won't be going back.

Eh, Ricks is like congressional to me. You gotta flag people down to help you out, and the quality is up and down. I have a credit there so I need to stop by soon and get a collection of snails and stuff. I was going to buy an open brain but boy did they look aweful when I was in there. They serve a purpose though. With a large drygoods area they are able to stock lots of stuff that you may need in a pinch.

• 3 months later...

I live about 2 min from Rick's. I bought my first tank from there years ago!! They just don't have much in salt water. Everytime I walk out of there I think I should open a store. The guys name is Andrew you are talking about. He is Nice guy you just had to get to know him.

mrcoral.com