Great purchase alert!

dgasmd

I have not been to any stores since the last meeting (went to Roozen's for the first time) and before that weeks. Today I went by Exotic Aquatics (Baltimore) and they had just received a new shipment of fish this last week. The fish were from Palau and Hawaii. Amazing looking fish, healthy, eating, and great variety. Prices were awesome for the fish type and sizes. I just got an achilles tang about 3-4" for $40, a naso tang 5-6" for $50, and a 6" rabbit fish for $40. That is without the discount. That is the best looking fish I have seen in a long time.

Just for kicks, I stopped at Aquarium Center and they had nasos that were 1/3 the size of this one diseased and thin for $70, rabbit fish that were 2" at most and thin as paper for $40, and the same size achilles tang ich infested for $60.

They also had tons of gorgeous and colorful wrasses and a few emperator angels ranging from junevile to adults very well priced as well.

Highly recommend stoping by if you are looking for fish.

DISCLAIMER:

No, I don't work for them, get a cut of the sales, or even know the owner. Same goes for any other store in the area for that matter. :D

Alberto

I go there to see what they might have, but I havent purchased anything from them in almost a year.

Ive heard that EA is moving, where exactly too?  He is so far away from me and Ive been so busy, that I just dont get a chance to stop in anymore.

I believe they are moving to Perring Parkway Plaza. It's 2 exits farther north on the East side of the Baltimore beltway. I believe the move will be sometime in March.

George

Maybe theyll have a "moving sale"  :D As I talked to the lady that works the counter. Shes really nice and I think she might put a spell on me if I ever %$#* her off anyway!!!  But she said they are NOT looking forward to the move at all. I had mentioned maybe should have a moving sale as to minimize loss and space and she said shed talk to the "boss" and see what he thinks.

Maybe we could set up a get together there in march and see if theyd be willing to help us out.

Mike

:D good one Mike :D   I guess I just assumed they would anyways! I would love to pick up another 20 fish or so if nicely priced :;):  ???  Or maybe just a couple more including an emperor angel :laugh:

MAN!!! you and I once again fighting over the same thing hahahaha.  I have been gearing my tank and getting ready for over a year now for an emperor. I had one Loooong time ago,back before the war hehe, and sold him off when I broke down the tank. Everytime I am at exotics with fat pockets they have NOTHING but $70 frags of hammers and GSP. And when I just stop in to pick up a $5 part they have tons of fish and 3 or 4 Emperors priced just right and the PERFECT size. Maybe I can sweet talk the Blessed Be that works the counter to see if she can swindle a sale?

Hey Ive been following along with your posts, And even though you have 300+g you might want to slow down on the fish purchases. They are so pretty in the store and cry for you when you put your fingertip in the top, but always safe to add as few at a time as possible. Just my thoughts. its definately better for the fish and might ease your stress youve had the past few months.

Mike

Hey Ive been following along with your posts, And even though you have 300+g you might want to slow down on the fish purchases. They are so pretty in the store and cry for you when you put your fingertip in the top, but always safe to add as few at a time as possible.

You are right. No question about it. After the marine ebola outbreak, I took over 8 weeks before adding anything else to let thing settle. Then, I added a few green chromis, which are growing great and doing well by the way. Then, I waited about 6 more weeks before I added the new tangs and the fox face I got about 1 week ago when I made the post. I am not adding anything else for a while to let things settle down a bit. These have not been impuslse purchases either. I had planned on getting these fish all along, I think I just got extremely lucky to find a few of them this healthy for the great price all at once.

When I mentioned before about the 20 or so fish, I was refering to small little fish like small cardinals, clowns, small gobies, etc. Even then, it was a stretch for I would never add that many fish at once. An Emperor, oh yeah baby, that is coming to a tank near you at some point, but not now. I am even plumbing in a 40 Watt UV unit to keep things calm in the disease front. I've been talking with a lot of the larger reef tank guys to come to find out that even the ones with large propagation systems have UV going because they had too many problems with the fish. None have seen any bad things to the corals since installing them, some more than 2 years ago!! We'll see.

I can tell you though that working with 450+ gal is a completely different ball game although some principles are the same. I have 1700 watts of heaters working at full blast during the night to barely keep up with the cold temp in the garage. During the day it is not so bad since the lights provide quit a bit of heating. This is one of the reasons I have not plumbed in the other 100 gal sump. I don't think I would be able to keep all the water warm during the night causing too many swings!! The huge Ca reactor I have going I can't even count effluent rate or bubbles because it is too much for my eyes. I can guesstimate the bubble rate is probably about 200-250 bubbles/min and probably about350-400 cc(ml)/min. So long as the output from the second chamber has a pH of 6.6-6.8, I am OK, especially since the numbers are looking good.

I am going to start working out so I can look all suave when I go back to exotics and try to talk your counter buddy into a moving sale.

:D  :D

Alberto