How long will fish live in a bag?

phisigs79

ok i am getting our sealife order on friday and i ordered a fish. I am getting it sent to my office in Mclean and i dont usually get home until 6pm. Do you think it will be ok sitting in my office until then? Something to make it less stressed?

if packed properly it should be okay until then. Keep in dark. Best would be if you have a way to keep temp constant or at 75-77 range. Get a little tub/tank/bucket with a heater in it and float bag. Maybe want to check warranty seller has of when you have to accept shipment by and when, in theory fish should be acclimated by (time)

I once got a fish from liveaquaria on Saturday delivery, long story short - after fedex plane went down and shipment didn't get in till 9 pm - the fish was fine when I got it at like 10pm that night

i can do that! Should i bring in a bucket with some tank water, a heater and acclimate it in the bucket or leave it in the bag? Also its a Atlantic tang juvi if that makes any difference

ok i am getting our sealife order on friday and i ordered a fish. I am getting it sent to my office in Mclean and i dont usually get home until 6pm. Do you think it will be ok sitting in my office until then? Something to make it less stressed?

i HAVE A SMALL INSULATED 2G HIGH COOLER THAT i BRING TO THE OFFICE WITH ME WHEN i ORDER FISH THAT WAY THE FISH IS OUT OF THE BAG IF THAT HELPS.

MY 2

Edited by rsaavedra

they guarantee live arrival plus 48 hours. Pretty nice, since i have bought fish in the past and they died the next day and i was short a fish and money!

Having done almost $15,000. worth of group buys over the years, my recommendations:

#1 The quicker you get them out of the bag and into the tank the better chance for survival

#2 If you can't get them into your tank, then leave them in the bag until you can if the same day, but monitor them ALOT! First sign of distress, time to get "sic" "cough" "cough" and head home!

#3 IF you have an air pump/small powerhead and say a 5g bucket filled 2/3 full of tank water, start acclimating in your office! It works and your already starting to acclimate to your tank being that water came from your tank, say from a water change that day!

Q: How long will fish live in a bag?

A: LFS: They are being shipped all the time, and can live a very long time in a bag.

A: Accountant: after crunching all the numbers and double checking, approximately 48 to 72 hours.

A: Attorney: How long do you want them to live?

What about snails and nudi's!!!!!!

I'll be waiting in gainesville for ya...if i can make it thru traffic ok!

Bryan

They will be fine. IMO fish are the ones to worry about