RODI Phos

ctreptow

I've been fighting a terrible hair Algea outbreak for the past 6 months. My phos has been steady at .15 and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Last night for some reason I tested the topoff water in my storage tank and go figure, phos at .15. I tested the water coming out of the RODI system and again .15, So is this a membrane problem?

The ro system is only 1.5 years old and I replaced all filters except the membrane about 2 months ago.

Chris

My System is the Aquasafe 100Gpd

The setup is inbound through carbon > Micron Filter > Polish Filter I think > Membrane > to Pressure Tanks.

From Pressure Tanks through the taste and odor > DI to Holding tank for fish tank.

I tested the water right from the membrane and I get the same .15 there as well

Chris

What filter array are you using?

I would go ahead and buy a filmtec 75gpd membrane and swap it out.

You really should go: Sediment > 5 micron carbon > 0.5 micron carbon > DI > second DI if you can then rotate DI for max life.

The membrane inside is a Filmtec I am just suprised it seemed to go so fast.

I did order a replacement membrane to see if that helps. I will also feed the storage tanks straight from the membane and cut out the pressure tank storage.

Are you saying I should DI prior to the membrane and then again before the storage tanks?

Chris

I would go ahead and buy a filmtec 75gpd membrane and swap it out.

You really should go: Sediment > 5 micron carbon > 0.5 micron carbon > DI > second DI if you can then rotate DI for max life.

The membrane is probably not bad just the wrong rating for reef application. 75gpd is the standard not 100gpd. DI > DI is best then to starage tank. Then when #1 is exhausted put #2 in it's place and reflill #2. This gives you the longest life from the resin. Initially it cost more but, in the long run is cheaper.